www.TexasPontoon.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.TexasPontoon.com

Experience TEXAS from a PONTOON!

You are not connected. Please login or register

To go or not to go....that is the question!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Matt

Matt
Admin

Ever had one of those days where you have not used your boat for a while, and you really want to go somewhere and get the boat out. But your not sure if the weather will hold up, your not sure who can come, Not sure where exactly your destination should be, not sure if you feel like cleaning the boat when you get home......so you probably don't go.

I hate that! Today is one of those days. Sometimes I feel like just going out by myself if that is what I have to do. But I always enjoy going with someone for conversation. My favorite thing to do is take people who normally don't get to go out on boats. They appreciate it so much more than my family does now that they have been out so many times.

Have a great weekend...hopefully you all made it out!

https://texaspontoon.twilight-mania.com

Granny Gear Bronco

Granny Gear Bronco

yeah I know what you mean.

People ask me about the $$ part of boats and ownership and parts and stuff and I tell them flat out that they are a complete waste of money! Spending money on a boat doesn't make sense. the only way you get your time and money back is using it. If its sitting there, its going to waste. Although I will admit if you take good care of your stuff you can at least get your money back or better when selling. Keep indoors and be a clean freak.

I'm nearing 50 now and get fed up with upkeep and all the PITA that goes along with a boat but if I stay on it it works out in the end. Just don't expect any recognition or rewards! People (family included) think that: you flip a switch and everyone is on the water with all floats/tubes/skis/fishing equipment/bait/food/beverage/smokes/lighter well you get the picture. Somebody (YOU) has to get all of that ready and rig up there poles and all that .
Mad

one way I do it is this: divide cost of boat by trips you have taken. figure out cost of each trip (besides expenses). the more you take it out the smaller the number gets. For instance if you make a ten thousand dollar investment, and have taken it out twice, you are at five grand a trip. if you took it out twenty times, you are down to $500 at trip! and so on Neutral

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]