www.TexasPontoon.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.TexasPontoon.com

Experience TEXAS from a PONTOON!

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANYONE FISH THE INTERCOASTAL ?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ANYONE FISH THE INTERCOASTAL ? Empty ANYONE FISH THE INTERCOASTAL ? Fri 13 Aug 2010, 6:20 pm

BWBCPA

BWBCPA

We just got our pontoon and would like to take it to the intercoastal waterway south of corpus-maybe as far as the landcut but i am not sure how it would handle the choppy water if the wind picked up and baffin bay got rough- it is a 22' Suntracker with a 90 mercury--I have had several boats before but pontooning is new to me-after seeing the pics of matt in the gulf i guess i could handle baffin!!

2ANYONE FISH THE INTERCOASTAL ? Empty Re: ANYONE FISH THE INTERCOASTAL ? Sat 14 Aug 2010, 12:42 am

Matt

Matt
Admin

Ya you will do fine. Although I took my boat out last night for a birthday party for my son and his friend. We did some serious tubing! I will post pictures later. But back to my story...the NAV lights are toast and so is one of my docking lights from taking salt water in the face and over the bow a few times. The lights I have have burned out a couple of times due to corrosion. I may try and find some better ones (maybe LED or something?)

I hope I don't have to re-mount them. Anyway, you should be fine as long as you remember that you may have to go slower coming back into the wind and just take it easy. Remember that if you to take one over the bow, it will was right off the flat deck! You should be able to catch some reds, trout and flounder in November December. One thing I like about the ICW is plenty of boats around in case you have engine trouble etc (as opposed to being in the middle of a big lake without power drifting!)

Welcome and spread the word about this site!

Matt

https://texaspontoon.twilight-mania.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum