www.TexasPontoon.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.TexasPontoon.com

Experience TEXAS from a PONTOON!

You are not connected. Please login or register

New outboard

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New outboard  Empty New outboard Sun 26 Dec 2010, 7:27 pm

Mrtoler

Hey guys! As y'all may remember my motor blew on my toon. Good news is my grandpa is taking me to the boatshow in 2 weeks and paying for half a new motor any make or model I want. I'm defently gettin a 115 since my boat is rated for a 120, no way I'll go smaller question is what brand? And do you recommend a jackplate? I'll want to do some sight casting in shallow water for reds?

2New outboard  Empty Re: New outboard Thu 30 Dec 2010, 12:33 pm

MIKEYLIKESIT

MIKEYLIKESIT

Nice! I don't really have any advice except I hope it's a 4 stroke. Congrats!

3New outboard  Empty Re: New outboard Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:06 pm

Mrtoler

Well aftr running in circles I've decided to go with a compleat overhaul. After the 11,000 dollar quotes for a new one it's a better thing to do it's about 3grand and I get a year warranty......good news is I'll be on the water in a week or so!!!!

4New outboard  Empty Re: New outboard Fri 04 Feb 2011, 12:07 pm

funmachine

funmachine

HI guys. Sorry I have been a little unplugged for the winter. I have been busy. Anyway, did you ever get your new motor? I would offer this: I just researched new 150's for my work boat, and am sure the 115 is pretty close as far as price. But what I found is that they are all almost equal in price and performance. Honda and Yamaha are a bit more expensive. But you can't go wrong with either, and suzuki is pretty good I hear too. Suzuki are supposed to be a little cheaper and lighter and better performing. However, Yamaha seems to be the most popluar model and easy to find service centers. But remember I have a Honda and I love it. It has been awesome for me!

Good luck, and let's start posting again. It will be warm here in 2 more months!

5New outboard  Empty Re: New outboard Mon 07 Mar 2011, 12:03 am

Mrtoler

Didn't get a new motor ended up doing a overhaul. Everything came out great though, I've been taking my boat out every Weekend for the past month. I've been going to lake Houston and found a few good fishing spots, I'll be going to galvaston in a few weeks to chase the black drum....can't wait.....anyways good to see a post on here I thought everyone sold there toons and logged off!!!!! Very Happy

6New outboard  Empty Re: New outboard Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

MIKEYLIKESIT

MIKEYLIKESIT

That's good to hear! My boat broke down on us twice and parked it for a while. Back in the water now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum