www.TexasPontoon.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.TexasPontoon.com

Experience TEXAS from a PONTOON!

You are not connected. Please login or register

post the size of your motor, boat and talk about fuel consumption

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Granny Gear Bronco

Granny Gear Bronco

I have a 90 hp johnson 2 stroke and its pretty much a pig on the gas. but its not running perfectly, it sat up for about a year and a half before I bought it. seems if I can go a little slow it helps. Razz

it is running very well, but I bought the boat two months before the vacation and hoped that running it would take care of the problem rather than pulling four carbs and cleaning them. throttle response is good. I can hear a slight miss at times but not sure if it is the exhaust bubbling out at different intervals.

I keep reading about tritoons and all, I looked at a Veranda with a 150 4stroke Yamaha and out the door it was over 36 grand. They would have sold me just the boat for 24k cash. I had ten grand in my budget but had to do a serious reality check. No the boat was so pretty though with yellow trim and all. I saw that you have to have hyd. steering on a tritoon.
Now that I have an old school w/two logs I don't see what the fuss is about. I haven't checked it on GPS but it gets up and goes pretty well. It likes people up front too. seems like when the boat is empty it tilts back a little from the motor and it welcomes some weight up front.

If I could just figure out where to trim the motor, I keep trimming down and it picks up speed then I keep trimming down, next thing I know its down too low.

seems like the prop is correct ( I do not want to get into prop talk, way over my head...) the boat seems to haul ass good enough.

I guess two things here:
carb uses more gas than fuel injection...duh
two stroke uses more gas than four stroke?

Razz

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum