www.TexasPontoon.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.TexasPontoon.com

Experience TEXAS from a PONTOON!

You are not connected. Please login or register

used to be Lake Houston

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1used to be Lake Houston Empty used to be Lake Houston Thu 16 Sep 2010, 8:13 pm

MIKEYLIKESIT

MIKEYLIKESIT

until i broke down in the middle of the lake and everyone around acted like we weren't even there!!! had to call HPD to get a tow in! that sucked. i think it's time to try Lake Conroe.

2used to be Lake Houston Empty At least you got a tow! Thu 16 Sep 2010, 11:24 pm

funmachine

funmachine

I am glad you got a "free" tow back right? Could have been much worse..I need to come try it out up there. How muddy is it? How about stumps and rocks?

3used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Fri 17 Sep 2010, 7:42 am

MIKEYLIKESIT

MIKEYLIKESIT

yea, i got a free tow in and i'm very grateful to HPD for doing that. why couldn't i get a "free tow back" from a fellow boater too? is that asking to much? i know i would. maybe it's just me, but i'm also in the motorcycle and offroad communities and our motto's in both is "no one left behind". i have stayed out on trails until the next day when someone broke down to make sure they got back to camp and i really didn't even know them that well. is the boating community different? i would NEVER charge someone for a tow. that's just bad karma. next time it might be you broke down. i had my wife and two kids on the boat with me and i know a few others seen them trying to paddle all the while hearing me try to start the engine many, many times until the current washed us up under the bridge. i had to get out and hold the boat from beating it self up against the rocks waiting for the tow which took some time for them to get there. am i wrong t be a little disappointed?

4used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Fri 17 Sep 2010, 7:50 am

MIKEYLIKESIT

MIKEYLIKESIT

oh, as far as the lake goes. it's pretty murky water, but not nasty. we swim in it all the time. it can get pretty shallow in places and yes, there are down trees and stumps, but i have yet to hit one. not too bad if you keep an eye out where you're going. i like it because it seems to be not as popular as Lake Conroe so it's kinda quiet. since i've been out this season, i don't think i've seen more than 15 boats out at any given time. which i think is good for family and fishing.

5used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Fri 17 Sep 2010, 8:23 am

Matt

Matt
Admin

You absolutely should have gotten a fellow boater to stop and help. I have towed several people, including a law enforcement boat on Martin Dies. His swamp boat got a little "high and dry" I would post the pictures but out of respect for the victim I wont do that to him. He was pretty embarrased.

Please let me know the next time you are launching at Lake Houston, I may bring the boat and family up and have you show me around...

Matt/funmachine.

https://texaspontoon.twilight-mania.com

6used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Fri 17 Sep 2010, 8:33 am

MIKEYLIKESIT

MIKEYLIKESIT

[quote="Matt"]You absolutely should have gotten a fellow boater to stop and help. I have towed several people, including a law enforcement boat on Martin Dies. His swamp boat got a little "high and dry" I would post the pictures but out of respect for the victim I wont do that to him. He was pretty embarrased.

Please let me know the next time you are launching at Lake Houston, I may bring the boat and family up and have you show me around...

Matt/funmachine. [/quote

it would be cool if you came up and joined us. it might be a little while for me to get this engine repaired, but that's the good thing about living in South Texas, extended boating season!!! oh, and i plan to get a trolling motor too! Laughing

7used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Mon 20 Sep 2010, 3:23 pm

Mrtoler

I would have towed you in......some people just don't care anymore. Just the other day I put in at Lucy bayou on lake Houston and there was a few guys bass fishing and then two guys on jet skis started flying back and forth right by the fisherman....how disrespectful!!!!!!!!

8used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Mon 20 Sep 2010, 6:47 pm

MIKEYLIKESIT

MIKEYLIKESIT

thanks. i agree, i would have taken down their numbers and reported them.

9used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Mon 20 Sep 2010, 7:12 pm

Mrtoler

I tried but it was kinda hard when they where both doing al least 65mph

10used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Mon 20 Sep 2010, 9:01 pm

MIKEYLIKESIT

MIKEYLIKESIT

yeah, i bet. i never have been good at taken down plates and such.

11used to be Lake Houston Empty Re: used to be Lake Houston Mon 11 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Granny Gear Bronco

Granny Gear Bronco

yeah people can be aholes sometimes. amazing how I'm a white dude and its always a minority race that stops to help me....go figure. however I drive all old stuff and I guess that makes me a serial killer.

seems like Porter is the 4x4 capital of the world or something. there is a lot of old trucks/bronco/blazers/ramchargers/samurais there. Laughing

did you get your motor fixed and what was the problem?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum